Wells Fargo Center Reveals Next Phase Of Extensive, Multi-Year Redesign
March 5th, 2018
Comcast Spectacor has unveiled the next phase of the Wells Fargo Center’s extensive, multi-year redesign project. On the heels of major upgrades that included a total makeover of the arena’s mezzanine landings, premium seating areas and the introduction of unparalleled and complimentary WiFi connectivity, the next chapter of renovations represents the largest investment aimed at enhancing the customer experience since the venue first opened its doors in 1996.
“At Comcast Spectacor, we are completely focused on transforming events into great experiences for our guests,” said Dave Scott, Chairman and CEO, Comcast Spectacor. “We have kept a close eye on recent introductions and upgrades across the NHL and NBA landscape, and designed a strategy that embodies the ‘best of the best’ arena features and advancements as we continue to elevate the customer experience at the Wells Fargo Center.”
The next chapter of the Wells Fargo Center’s ongoing redesign, to be completed by the Fall of 2018, will feature an entirely new Mezzanine Level, which accommodates approximately 40 percent of the arena’s total capacity. Not a single aspect of the Mezzanine Level’s original layout will remain once this work is complete, as new design elements, points of sale and ease of service for patrons are upgraded throughout. Highlights of the Mezzanine Level’s new features include:
- Multifunctional, open-concept concourses featuring views of Philadelphia’s skyline
- Over 150 new LED game-action screens, menu boards and illumination technology delivering a complete visual transformation
- 8,000 brand new seats featuring cup holders
- Expanded Food and Beverage Locations and Offerings (see below info on the introduction of Mezzanine Lounges)
Among the exciting enhancements coming to the Wells Fargo Center’s Mezzanine Level are two new Open Air Lounges. Placed in the southwest and northeast corners of the arena, these distinctive locations provide premier amenities and open-space socializing while experiencing the thrill of a live event. Fans will enjoy views of the bowl in an upscale setting with more than a dozen screens in each location featuring in-arena and out-of-town action.
Beyond the Mezzanine Level, this next phase of the redesign includes a new state-of-the-art sound system that will stimulate the entire arena. The new system features a complete replacement of the arena bowl speaker clusters, next-generation amplifiers, new mixing equipment and software delivering improved range, enhanced sound clarity and optimized balancing throughout the venue.
“Our guests have unlimited entertainment options at their fingertips,” said John Page, President of the Wells Fargo Center. “We’ve designed this next phase of the Wells Fargo Center to promote more social gathering inside the arena, and enhanced technology offerings that improve the overall experience.”
The new state-of-the-art sound system reflects the Wells Fargo Center’s unwavering commitment to deliver a best-in-class event experience through the use of technology. Recent technology enhancements include:
- Partnering with industry leader ANC to install 10,000 incremental square feet of LED technology throughout the arena, expanding Wells Fargo Center’s total LED display range to more than any other NHL or NBA arena
- Comcast Business technology upgrades ensuring best-in-class and complimentary WiFi connectivity for guests
- Earlier this year, the Wells Fargo Center introduced GoPod electronic lockers as a personal storage solution for patrons
- Mobile app-enabled Mamava nursing suite for moms on the go
- The installation of LED globes illuminating high trafficked areas with colors and special effects, along with GOBO displays for logos and images
- Complete upgrade of the mid-level suites featuring new LED HD TV’s connected to the XFINITY X1 platform
About Comcast Spectacor
Comcast Spectacor is part of Comcast Corporation, a global media and technology company that operates Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Comcast Spectacor’s three core businesses are the National Hockey League’s Philadelphia Flyers, the Wells Fargo Center Complex, and Spectra, a leading hospitality firm that provides Venue Management, Food Services & Hospitality and Partnerships to more than 300 client properties in the United States, Canada, and Singapore. Visit us at ComcastSpectacor.com for more information.